Name: Celestine Joseph
Department: Industrial Engineering and Management
Year and Course: 3rd year, Dual Degree
Hall of Residence: Patel Hall of Residence
Contesting for: Vice President, TSG
To set up a ‘Student Internship Committee’ to provide better internship opportunities for students with the help of our alumni network.
The committee shall contact the alumni of various companies and also those who are studying or teaching in foreign institutes. The committee shall work in coordination with TnP. While contacting alumni in foreign institutes, efforts towards establishing a MoU will be worked upon.
• Increase lighting and
• Augment the existing security system between Hotel Park and Puri Gate,
• in view of the regular eve-teasing incidents.
• The Divisional Railway Manager, Kharagpur Division who is also head of railway establishment in Kharagpur has welcomed the proposal and the work can be done if a proposal is brought upto him through a proper channel (Registrar/DOSA).
• The Inspector of Kharagpur town police station has said that there is police force available who shall be sent on patroling trips on shift basis.
• Establish electronic notice boards at three conspicuous places in the campus.
• The notice boards will be put up at TSG, outside Ramanujan complex and near the institute main gate. The purpose of these notice boards is to increase the awareness amongst the students regarding the numerous activities taking place in the institute like the inter-hall events, seminars, important notices etc.
• Introduce a new section in the existing gymkhana website where the newly elected and nominated student office bearers of the Technology Students’ Gymkhana shall post their proposals and update their progress regularly. They will also post their future work plans on a time line basis. The student forum shall not only encourage unbiased discussion of the issues pertaining to the proposals but also invite suggestions for the same. This will keep a check on the functioning of the various posts of TSG.
To improve upon the quality of mess food by introducing training for mess staff during summers. During the break in May, two staff from each hall of residence and the managers will be sent for training to teach them new recipes and improve their cooking skills. Also the managers will be trained in various aspects of the working of the mess (like mess menu deciding, quantity estimation, quality of raw materials, etc)
- Represented IIT Kharagpur in the Inter IIT Sports meet as a member of the football team (’08 and ’09) and as a member of the Athletics Team (’09)
- Won Bronze medal in Inter IIT Football (’09)
- Member of seven Inter Hall teams:
o Football: Winner of Golden boot in First and Second year for scoring the maximum number of goals in Inter Halls. Currently (as of 15th March) leading scorer in Inter Hall Football ’10.
o Athletics: Gold (400m hurdles), Silver (400m and 400m relay) (Athletics ’10)
o Badminton: Bronze (’10)
o Choreography: Gold (’09)
o Case Study: Joint Bronze (’09)
o Member of Inter Hall Hockey and Inter Hall Aquatics teams.
- Winner of Silver medal in Football in Shaurya (’10)
- General Secretary, Sports and Games, Patel Hall of Residence: Responsible for proper representation of the Hall and smooth conduct of all 14 events in the Sports General Championship calendar, which spans the entire year. Leads a team of six Under Secretaries. Managed teams with severely depleted strengths efficiently and has taken Patel Hall to a position of strength, making them one of the favorites for the General Championship this year.
- Awarded Best Fresher in Patel hall for his outstanding contributions in Inter Hall events spanning all three general championships.
- Worked as a Member and Head in the Hall Alumni Committee and has been instrumental in organizing alumni meets and increase networking opportunities for its boarders with their alumni. The increased networking has enabled students to obtain internships through hall alumni.
- Associated with the Sponsorship and publicity functions of Optima ’09.
- Interned at ETA, Mechanical & Electrical division of ETA ASCON Group, UAE in second year and has been offered another internship for the third year.
- Has maintained an above average CGPA of 8.04 in spite of being involved in a myriad spectrum of events, and has also managed a department change in first year from Mining Engineering to Industrial Engineering.
Note: The content above has been provided by the candidate and is his sole responsibility . The Scholars’ Avenue is not accountable for any error, textual or factual, in the transcript above.