Arava Anmol Manohar
Aerospace Engg., Dual Degree Course
Standing for the post of:
General Secretary Technology, Technology Students Gymkhana
1. In order to channelize the output of the Technology General Championship, I propose the involvement of Industry in organization of Technology General Championship events. The Involvement will range right from framing of the problem statement to the judging of the event. With successful implementation of this proposal, Companies can spot talent among the participants and under their discretion offer sponsored projects and mentorship due to which technological prowess of IIT Kharagpur will reach wider circles and students can gain widespread recognition and respect.
2. To boost international participation in Kshitij, I propose to introduce a reimbursement scheme for participants from outside India. We would reimburse travel fare of representative teams from various countries in association with their respective embassies. This way, we can promote Kshitij from the biggest in Asia to one of international fame. Through the implementation of this proposal, a healthy mix of in-house, Indian as well as international participants will take part in Kshitij events. This would increase the quality of participation and encourage international brands and companies to sponsor Kshitij.
1. In the General Championships, I Represented Nehru Hall of Residence in Inter-Hall Product Design, Hardware Modelling and Silver-Winning Inter-Hall Football Team in my first year. In my second year, I am representing Nehru hall Of Residence in the Inter-Hall Football Team. Apart from these activities, I was a part of the Rangoli & Fine arts team.
2. During my Tenure as a core team member Of KSHITIJ 2010, I worked in all three major facets of the fest, namely, sponsorship, event management and publicity. On the publicity front, I publicised KSHITIJ in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. On the sponsorship front, my contribution to the fest was INR 1,20,000 including 4 corporate sponsorships and alumni contributions. Also during the fest, I was in the team that managed the guest lectures and mega-shows held during the fest.
3. Apart from my participation in various extra-curricular activities, I have maintained a CGPA of 7.48.
Note: The content above has been provided by the candidate and is his sole responsibility . The Scholars’ Avenue is not accountable for any error, textual or factual, in the transcript above.