PRITHVI’10 is an initiative of the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), IIT Kharagpur Students Chapter along with the students of the Department of Geology and Geophysics, being held from 26-28 March, 2010. It is a symposium on:
“Geo-Exploration: Its decadal growth and future perspectives“
Through PRITHVI, the department aims to promote the spirit of innovation and technology in an environment of healthy competition. Several challenging events, workshops and seminars shall be conducted which will come across as an exciting opportunity for students to explore their talents in their very own field of study. Hence, PRITHVI will not only act as a stimulant to generate interest among the students in Earth sciences, but also give them an incentive to delve into the ocean of knowledge and possibly explore newer realms.
Various events designed to test the overall aptitude of students are as follows:
1. Geospectrum (a quiz competition)
2. Shastrarth (panel discussion)
3. Brainstorm (problem solving competition)
4. G-wave (online problem statement solving) – OPEN PARTICIPATION INVITED IN THIS ONLINE EVENT , problem statement to be released on 8th March.
5. Indiana Geones (geophysical surveying)
6. The case study (solutions to current actual industrial problems) – one student nominated from every college with sponsored return/onward journey fares.
7. Poster presentations – topics released.
Eminent personalities from industries and alumni will be part of this event.
For further details, registrations and last dates please visit www.prithvionline.in