The Scholars’ Avenue is the independent student-run campus newspaper of the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. Founded in 2005, copies of The Scholars’ Avenue are now delivered to all students on campus and soft copies are mailed to all the faculty and several thousand alumni. The team is drawn entirely from among the students of the institute, and its mission is to report and analyze events that affect the campus, and to be the voice of the IIT Kharagpur student community. We are a non-profit organization independent of the administration of IIT Kharagpur and supported by sponsorships and donations.
Each of our issues is a juxtaposition of the informational, the technical and the creative. We report campus events and happenings, function as a public interface between students and the administration, summarize technical advancements taking shape on campus and not the least, print the funnies.
- Editorials : Read our editors’ take on the successive issues that have affected IIT Kharagpur’s campus in the recent past.
- Interviews : Interact with luminaries such as Prahlad Kakkar, KK, Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia, and Larry Wall.
- Guest Articles : Read what our featured guests think.
- Careers Avenue : Our stab at increasing the horizons of our readers.
- Tech Avenue : On-campus technical advancements in the spotlight.
- Bhaat Avenue: Browse through our biweekly dose of humour.
Our articles, both serious and fun, have been referenced in national media outlets; most recently in The Indian Express, Hindustan Times and The Telegraph. We are open to content collaboration with organizations of similar nature. For any queries, please contact us at email@example.com. At present, The Scholars’ Avenue is
Chirag Tibrewal - 9836547545
Indra Saha - 9433766464
Abhijeet Tallavajhula | Adarsh Matthew | Ajay Viswanathan | Debadrita Das | Koulick Ghosh | Madhurima Kumar | Pranav Rao | Pravin Sharma | Sagnik Chakraborty| Suvinay Seth
Aditya Agarwal | Akhilesh Prasad | Aniruddha Dey | Jatan Buch | Mallika Prasad | Sanat Mehrotra | Sayak Bhattacharya | Siddhant Wahal | Sourya Dey | Vinodhini Comandur | Yogarshi Vyas
Aishwarya Roy | Sriram Sridharan | Subhomoy Bakshi | Vivek Aithal | Vishaal Singh | Arijit Patra | Rushant Badani | Gaurav Das | Anurag Baid
Ketan Ingle | Vinit Hase | Keerthana P.G.
We wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for our seniors, The Golden Oldies, whose vision and hard work brought forth this newspaper and nurtured it through its eventful history.
- Batch of 2001: Amit Gupta, Puneet Agarwal, Sandeep Rath
- Batch of 2002: Chintan Thakkar, Nitin Basant, Swati Sunny Somani, Varun Kishore
- Batch of 2003: Aneesh Jain, Aravind R.S, Riti Mohapatra, Rohit Shankar, Saahil Bhanot, Samya Mandal, Shishir Dash, Umang Jain
- Batch of 2004: Aditya Marathe, Anuj Dayal, Arish Inam, Robin Anil, Sheekha Verma, Sreeja Nag, Suvrat Bafna
- Batch of 2005: J.S. Deepthi, Pranesh Chaudhary, Srinath Sinha, Vinayak Pathak , Mithun Madhusudan , Deepak Cherian, Anup Bishnoi
- Batch of 2006: Bharat Bhat, Murthy AVN, Dheeraj Golla, Mayank Kedia, Pallavi Jayannavar, Siddharth Prabhu, Siddharth Singh
- Batch of 2007: Abhirajika Agrawal, Amiya Adwitiya, Arvind Sowmyan, Cheruvu Vijay Kiran , Ratan J. Sebastian , Sumeet Mohanty, Tiyasa Mitra
- Batch of 2008: Achyut Bihani, Deepesh Kumar , Hridya Ravimohan , Mahtab Soin, Parth Govil, Rishabh Poddar